As a business owner, how do you find the time to stay educated on the best business practices, new strategies and what the competition might be doing that could benefit you?
The answer is podcasts.
Unlike reading books or attending seminars, podcasts are something you can do when you’re cooking breakfast, ironing your clothes, walking to work or having lunch.
Of course, if you’re going to spend time listening to podcasts, it pays to choose the right ones.
Here at Cammy we did some research and have come up with the 7 best podcasts for business owners. Our list includes podcasts that cover marketing, psychology, time management, people management, and much more.
This is a weekly podcast featuring the leading thinkers in business and management from Harvard Business Review.
Each episode is around 20 minutes and topics include:
– How one CEO creates joy at work
– How to solve complex business problems
– How to become more self aware
– Women at work: make yourself heard
Hosted by Ken Coleman, the Entreleadership Podcast features lively discussions and tips on leadership and business by some of the top minds in business including Mark Cuban, Seth Godin, Jim Collins and Simon Sinek.
The average episode is 40-50 minutes and topics include:
– Struggling to lead millennials?
– Turning apathy into action
– 4 steps to avoid hiring mistakes
– Hard talks made easier
The Tim Ferris Show
Self experimenter and bestselling author of the 4-Hour Workweek, Tim Ferriss brings a diverse podcast that deconstructs world-class performers from investing, business, chess, pro sports and other disciplines. An exceptional interviewer, Tim does a great job of digging into the tools, tactics and tricks that listeners can use.
More than strictly business, the podcast covers strategies you can apply to optimise your health, manage stress, and save time which all makes you a better business person.
Episodes range from 1-2 hours in length and topics include:
– Exploring the worlds of investing, assets and quality of life
– How to say “NO” gracefully and uncommit
– Lessons from Richard Branson, Tony Robbins and Ray Dalio
– How to succeed in high stress situations
In this podcast, Neil Patel (CrazyEgg & Kissmetrics) and Eric Sui (Growth Everywhere & Single Grain) bring you daily ACTIONABLE digital marketing lessons they’ve learned through the years of being in the trenches.
Whether you manage online marketing yourself or simply want to know what your junior marketer should be doing, this is a great podcast if your business leverages online channels to grow.
Each episode is no longer than 8 minutes and topics include:
– How to sell anything on Facebook & Instagram
– How to get more search traffic in 30 days
– The number 1 hack to converting visitors into leads
– If you ignore this SEO strategy you’ve already lost
This weekly podcast features in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life. Full of actionable insights and real advice to help you market smarter.
Episodes are 30 minutes long and topics include:
– Win and keep customers using the laws of brand storytelling
– How to integrate brand and culture and why you should
– Personalising your B2B marketing to supercharge lead gen
– Insanely effective email tactics
Business coach Jamie Masters interviews millionaire entrepreneurs to learn their failures, advice and stories. It’s real talk with real millionaires.
The short 30-40 minute episodes are easy listening and offer some real insights that you can implement in your business.
– Strategies in buying and selling businesses
– Why staying small is the next big thing for business
– Step-by-step process to find great talent to hire
– How to be a leader that inspires your team
Bill Caskey and Bryan Neale have been B2B sales trainers for the past twenty years and in this podcast they share their strategies, frameworks, tips and tricks to help you create your own sales success.
The guys cover every sales topic you can think of including prospecting, communication, buyer resistance, pricing, cold calling, psychology, positioning, leading and managing and much more.
Episodes are 15-20 minutes and sample episodes include:
– Understanding the buyer’s brain
– Things a sales person should never say
– What to do when the middleman says no
– Writing sales/marketing emails