Tired of Fido running loose or jumping onto the couch? Fear not, these smart pet collars are here to help you out.
The newest smart pet collars have more features than ever before, allowing you to track your pet’s whereabouts, activity, temperature and wellbeing from your smartphone. Some collars even help you train your furry friend!
Here are our top smart pet collars of 2017:
1. Nuzzle Smart Pet Collar (US Only, ETA: Jan 2017)
Lightweight and durable, this smart pet collar is designed with your pet’s comfort in mind. It features GPS tracking to help you locate your pet, collision detection, temperature monitoring and activity monitoring to ensure your pet’s wellbeing. If your pet escapes the designated area, you’ll receive an alert and you’ll be able to track their location from the app.
Nuzzle is currently available for preorder with first shipments expected mid January 2017.
What we love:
- Packed with features
- Comes with two rechargeable batteries that last up to 5 days
- High-precision GPS, GEO-fencing and route tracking
- Location updates as quickly as 1 minute
- GPS tracking only works in the US
- Only available in two colours – orange or purple
- Only has two sizes (a large one that fits neck circumference 14″ – 22″ and a small one that fits neck circumference 8″ – 11″)
Price: $189.99 USD
2. KYON Tracker (ETA: Jan 2017)
The KYON Tracker is the first pet collar with embedded GPS technology so it looks like a regular collar but does so much more. It boasts 12 sensors that detect heat and water and even your pet’s temperature and mood.
Another thing that sets KYON apart is their unique “Pacifier” and “Shhh…!” technology which allow you to calm your pet down in the event of a fight or excessive barking. These features can all be viewed and controlled on the KYON app.
The KYON Track is available for pre-order, with first shipments expected from the end of January 2017.
What we love:
- LED display shows your pet’s mood, temperature and even your contact details if they’ve flown the coop
- Tracking works worldwide
- Packed with features and the unique KYON Pacifier and Shhh…! technology
- Long battery life of up to 30 days
- Lets you know your pet’s mood
- Stylish and comes in a plethora of colours
- Quite expensive compared to other smart pet collars
Price: $249 USD + small monthly fee
3. Pod Trackers
Pod attaches to any pet collar out there so it’s suitable for pets of all sizes. From the app, you can set up safe zones for your pet so if they leave the zone, you’ll receive an alert and can easily locate them again.
The Pod also lets you monitor your pet’s activity to provide an insight into their health and wellbeing while Adventure mode records your pet’s explorations.
What we love:
- Adventure mode
- Phone and web app available
- Suitable for all pets
- Tracking works in 175 countries worldwide
- Small, lightweight and waterproof
- When using GPS, the Pod and the app syncs via the 2G cellular network which means you may receive slower alerts and location updates
- Short battery life – on safe zone mode, it only lasts 1.5 to 3 days
Price: $199 USD + 1 year free subscription (thereafter $49 per year)
FitBark is a small bone-shaped device that you clip onto your dog’s collar. It’s like a Fitbit for your dog, allowing you to keep track of your pet’s activity, sleep and behaviour round the clock on the Fitbark app. The data captured is compared to similar dogs across the board to let you know if your dog has any health anomalies. This may allow for early discovery of any health issues or discomfort.
What we love:
- Battery life of up to 14 days
- Super lightweight (8 grams) and waterproof
- 60 day money back guarantee
- Smartphone and web app available
- Works anywhere in the world
- You can charge it without removing it from the collar
- Only available for dogs
- Less features than most smart pet collars
Price: $94.95 USD
5. Link AKC Smart Dog Collar (US only, ETA: Feb 2017)
Link AKC smart dog collar allows you to track your dog’s location, activity levels and environment temperatures. These are all viewable on the Link AKC app where you can also consolidate vet visits and remotely turn on sound to train your dog and light to help you see your dog in the dark.
Similar to Pod Trackers, Link AKC also has an Adventure Feature that allows you to create digital records of your adventures with your pup.
Voted winner of the CES Best of Innovation Award 2017, you can’t go wrong! The smart collars are available for pre-order, with first shipments expected mid February 2017.
What we love:
- Adventure Feature
- Remote sound feature to aid in dog training
- Small monthly fee provides peace of mind, a 3 year warranty and a puppy guarantee where they’ll upsize the collar at no cost to you
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Comes in four sizes
- Currently only available for dogs
- Tracking only works in the US
Price: $199 USD + small monthly fee
Hopefully this list has helped you find the perfect smart pet collar for your four legged friend! Our pets are like family to us so it’s important to monitor your pet to keep them safe and healthy. With Cammy, you can discover the secret life of your pet and check in on them using Live view and 2-way audio from anywhere, anytime from your smartphone.
Did we miss anything in this Top Smart Pet Collars 2017 post? Please let us know in the comments below